Friday, October 28, 2005

Where's the Fun?

Okay, so "Fun" may be classified as becoming an International Karate Champion! Have I peeked your interest yet...

Yes, I'm serious. We competed and came in 1st in the group division and we came in 3rd and 4th in the individual competition. We came home with big 'ol 1st place trophies and medals! Woohooo......

My husband is so proud and he's going to build me a shelf for my trophies, and I said, "Great. I can put the karate trophies in place of my teenybopper cheerleading trophies from 18 yrs ago" hahaha...

"Fun" is whatever you make of it. For me right now, Fun = karate. Fun = spending time w/ my husband, friends, nieces, etc, etc.... anything that makes me laugh = "Fun"!

Tonight we had a girls' get together. There were 8 of us there, and did we have some laughs!! Everything is fun and funny when you are with your peeps and can make a joke out of a moth sharing your scorpion bowl (I won't name restaurants; although, how many places are there on Rt. 1 in the 01906 ZIP code that serve potent drinks?)

I mentioned to a few of my friends that I have been in a funky emotional place lately mostly due to not being 100% pleased with my career. Three of my best friends looked at me and said "Get out! You would never have known it."

Being an Aries, I guess that's typical, but at the same time, I was quite pleased w/ myself knowing that I achieve my goal of always trying to keep my positive attitude even when I'm not jumping up and down with excitement inside.

So, as I started my blog this morning with "Where is the Fun," I'll end it w/ the "Fun" is where you find it!

Have a "Fun" day!
K:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey! Sorry I missed out on the fun... :( The husband got home sort of late - but I was just wiped. I am looking forward to see you all on Sunday though...

I know I've told you a million times, but I'm SO proud of you guys!!! International karate champions... Woohoo!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hey K -
turn on your word verification option so that you don't get spammed like these other posts... :)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home