Monday, December 19, 2005


Stalkers need not apply (okay, well, please take a number at least:))

Here I am on a blustery Monday morning at my desk in my new job of one month.

To set the stage, I've been invited to a team outing. This morning, I'm at my desk, and a coworker (who I've known for one month) comes over to my desk and very discretely says to me, "Karla, can we hang out together tonight 'cause I want to make sure we sit together? I never get to talk to you."

There are 25 people on my team. As an adult, one would assume you just sit wherever your butt fancies at the moment of arrival at the establishment, but do I say anything to that effect. Of course, I keep my thoughts to myself and I accept the offer.

Honestly, immediately, I'm reverted back to elementary/jr. high days.

For you fellow bloggers who don't already know this, I have always attracted stalkers. For the past few years I've at least recognized this trait; however, I can't seem to cease it. I've been told, "It's because you are too nice."

So, what is a stalker magnet to do, I ask myself. Perhaps I shall I start being rude when I meet people.... Nah, that's not me.

The one method of stopping the stalker madness that I've often comically entertained is to tell potential stalkers that I'm not accepting any applications for stalkers at this time. Until an existing stalker stops stalking, I am unable to consider any new applicants.

So, maybe I shall create this scenario: If potentials stalkers are so inclined, please fill out the "I would like to be a Karla Stalker" application, and your application will be reviewed in the order in which it was rec'd and as a position opens up. Thank you for your stalking consideration.

I can't tell you how much laughter I've had and shared w/ others about stalking stories. And I must admit, that while I joke about it, I would never hurt anyone's feelings, stalker or not :)

And if this stalker business hasn't made you laugh, here's the picture that went out on my Christmas cards this year!


Santa Suit: $7.99
Fancy Boots $2.99
Tuna Treats $899.42

Fat Cat in a Santa Suit:
Priceless

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Karla - I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!
Sorry I've been MIA, so very busy/overwhelmed these past few weeks!!! LOVE love love your post. You crazy stalker magnet you! Hoping to catch up with you by Xmas eve?? Call me!

Hugs... :)
And Merry Merry!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love it!!!

And....stop by and visit my new home!

I think we all have stalkers, just varying degrees.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home